Thread: Solar + battery

R.I.P Al, sorely missed Team-UkCvs Senior Member Renwich's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Solar + battery

Anyone looked into or got solar + battery storage installed, I've just ordered 14 panels and 10KwH of storage,

also if you have whats the best leccy provider to go with

EV owner aswell

Developer UkCvs Senior Member LraiZer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,558 Times in 892 Posts

Why not start a new section on this subject, may bring some new interest and direction?

From what i've seen, I think lots with solar are going with octopus energy.
    Just get a Myenergi zappi for the EV.

Been thinking of moving the shed off-grid with solar and batterys for a long time now, got space on shed roof for about 4.5kWh of solar.

Ideally as this would to be a DIY project, would like to replace the old leaking shed roof with a GSE integrated system (about 15 panels) and would also look to build my own 15kWh 48v battery using raw Lifepo4 cells from china.

The energy audit i did on the house and shed shows i use a total usage of 13kWh per day. So probably about half the solar of what i really need during winter.

My main constant draw big users are the 3 Fridge/Freezers that i want to look to take off-grid along with the shed as they are using 4kWh a day.

Thanks

Moved, Need SS to do the Icon,

I draw avg 700w per hour, on idle the house runs approx 500w, just bought some smart plugs that have energy monitoring built in, my solar + storage is going in next week so hopefully will be able to drastically reduce my reliance on grid during the sunny days and run off battery during the evening,

was thinking after October changes I'll look for an agile tarriff so I can charge battery's overnight, shame vehicle to grid is not avail in my area as I get free EV charging at work and the wifes EV is 60kw, got a standard 32amp Rolec EV point, thinking of upgrading to a zappi

Thanks

Moved, Need SS to do the Icon,

I draw avg 700w per hour, on idle the house runs approx 500w, just bought some smart plugs that have energy monitoring built in, my solar + storage is going in next week so hopefully will be able to drastically reduce my reliance on grid during the sunny days and run off battery during the evening,

was thinking after October changes I'll look for an agile tarriff so I can charge battery's overnight, shame vehicle to grid is not avail in my area as I get free EV charging at work and the wifes EV is 60kw, got a standard 32amp Rolec EV point, thinking of upgrading to a zappi

Developer UkCvs Senior Member LraiZer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,558 Times in 892 Posts

I tested everything over several months using TP-Link Tapo Smart Plug with Energy Monitoring.
    Tapo P110 $9.99 Amazon

The audit detected that i need to get rid of the 10 year old plasma tv running in the background of the sports bar room at 350 watts per hour to save me 1.4 kWh a day.

Thanks

Still trying to track down the parasitic load, put energy monitor smart plugs on the small and large fridge/freezer its not them... maybe neighbors tapped in

Thanks

Sill not found it, however my 14 panels are now secured to my roof, the system went live at 11:30, I was generating just shy of 4KWh until 17:30 and not taking anything from the grid

Thanks

so had a week where panels were outputting at 3.89kwh until approx 5pm then tailed off to approx 8pm, recent weather yesterday exported 6kwh, today did that at 9am, total export today 25kwh

Thanks

Batterys arrived and installed today, installation was complete by 3pm, batterys had approx 50% out of the box at 18:30 they were charged to 79%, discharging since now at 9pm down to 68%

Thread Information