Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Birmingham - Quick Scan

Developer UkCvs Senior Member
    Thanks

@LraiZer, you have a PM

Developer UkCvs Senior Member LraiZer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,533 Times in 875 Posts

Wil hopefully have time to update the local cable file with the more recent changes tomorrow.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LraiZer For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (07-02-2019)

Junior Member UkCvs Newbie
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LraiZer View Post
    Wil hopefully have time to update the local cable file with the more recent changes tomorrow.
    Local Scan for Uddingston still not working with latest update. The settings in the cables.xml seem to be correct?

Also when a full scan is complete some channels like channel 5 play sound but no picture

Thanks

A new up to date CableUK MyLocal cables.xml can be generated and installed from the option in blue button menu. First tune to a valid service and select this menu item to auto download and run the NIT scanning package from ukcvs to generate a correct cables.xml direct from the stream data.

As for other issues, support for the box is pretty much near zero now, and changes over time by the provider are close to making this box totally obsolete. There is some know erroneous data sent by the provider in the stream, so maybe this data or some other unknown erroneous data is causing an issues in the code and stopping some xml write/read to fail. Would require a lot of debugging and not sure anyone has the time for this anymore.

I don't think anyone has a development environment setup with direct connection to debug and code for this box anymore. Manual creation of bouquets.xml and services.xml seems to currently be the only was to still be able to watch channels that still work for the near future at least.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png a.png (20.9 KB, 4 views)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by caigey View Post
    Also when a full scan is complete some channels like channel 5 play sound but no picture
    Channel 5 like several other services such as Sports Arena has changed its encoding and is now transmitting ITU-T Rec. H.264 | ISO/IEC 14496-10 Video AVC video stream Advanced video coding. The dm500 cannot handle this, it can only handle older ISO/IEC 11172 Video and ITU-T Rec. H.262 | ISO/IEC 13818-2 Video or ISO/IEC 11172-2 constrained parameter video stream.

That being said, all is not totally lost for this box with these H.264 services as they can still be streamed from the box to a PC and viewed with VLC.
    I've fixed it in C16.0 HERE, so that even though these services cannot be viewed on-box anymore, they can now still be viewed via the yWeb VLC link

test1.jpg
    test2.jpg

Thanks

I am pretty sure that there was a check done post bouquet sorting that a valid service existed in the new bouquets. If not, the service/bouquet creation was abandoned. BBC 2 was selected as that was the same everywhere. This is no longer the case as some areas only have BBC2 HD

I may be misatken.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    I am pretty sure that there was a check done post bouquet sorting that a valid service existed in the new bouquets. If not, the service/bouquet creation was abandoned. BBC 2 was selected as that was the same everywhere. This is no longer the case as some areas only have BBC2 HD

I may be misatken.
    The sed edits in the scan.end script that PaphosAL (RIP) added and maintained were doing nasty invalidating things to the xml syntax in the bouquets.xml

I've already disabled this post scan script for now a few hours ago HERE

Junior Member UkCvs Newbie
    Thanks

So is it the end for the dm500c bud

Thanks

There have been a few commits to the Commando repository.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.

Thread Information