Thread: Edit bouquets

Junior Member UkCvs Newbie
    Thanks

Default Edit bouquets

Hi

Which file/files do I need to edit to move and deleted channels? But I donít want autobouquets to overwrite what Iíve changed.

Many Thanks

Developer UkCvs Senior Member
    Thanks

You should edit the sort file you are using.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

PaphosAL (07-05-2018),scimmy (07-05-2018)

A helpful but often grumpy Old Git Team-UkCvs Senior Member PaphosAL's Avatar
    a park bench, shop doorway or bus shelter near you
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 994 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    You should edit the sort file you are using.
    Not quite true, Abu. This is the HARD way of going about it, m8...

The attached helpfile (included with C16) explains how to approach the OP's question.

AutoBouquets N1 actually creates a NEW custom_sort_n.txt file for the user, based on the contents of the new bouquets.xml

Cheers- AL
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by PaphosAL; 07-05-2018 at 05:57 PM.
    "I read an article the other day that says I need to get out and walk more, stop drinking and quit smoking... So I've given up READING!"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PaphosAL For This Useful Post:

scimmy (07-05-2018)

Junior Member UkCvs Newbie
    Thanks

Thanks for the replies, Iíll give this ago tomorrow when I have some free time.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to scimmy For This Useful Post:

PaphosAL (08-05-2018)

Developer UkCvs Senior Member
    Thanks

Al
    I though he was referring to the E2 version.

Have you had a chance to adjust the bouquet ranges since the shuffle? My attempts at the E2 one result in segmentation faults.

Thanks

I'm in no hurry to do this frankly, Abu. It's ben almost a year now since any serious ongoing dev went into C16, so I've become very rusty...

Since these major Sly changes on their slot positions a week or two ago, I have been analyzing the daily AutoBouquets N1 output in autobouquets.csv - and am deeply concerned with what I see.

Remember last year when these snotty-nosed oiks in Islington decided to do away with "Lifestyle" and merge that bouquet into "Entertaiment"? Well, now (with the dozens of slot number changes), they appear to have done the same bloody thing with "Factual" !!!

Their channel line-up now tells me that their current "Entertainment" bouquet now runs contiguosly from 101 through to 298. Oh yeah- with "Movies" starting at 301? I don't think so, somehow, m8!

I'm waiting for their next (and final?) adjustment, as there must surely be one? Meanwhile, if TC start work on new channel maps, please remember we have FIVE custom_sort files to do for UK and ROI to do. Not a task I'm willing to waste my time on, when things are clearly in a state of flux like this.

In the interim, let's just let C16 DM500S users have some fun, and let them see how AutoBouquets N1 picks up their Bouquet Editor edits. Not forgetting manual NP++ edits on their /var/etc/custom_epg.txt file, to arrange the EPG as they wish.

This is all in the C16 image, with a bundle of helpfiles, that took us an age to create, but nobody hardly reads, sadly...

Cheers- AL
    "I read an article the other day that says I need to get out and walk more, stop drinking and quit smoking... So I've given up READING!"

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PaphosAL For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (19-05-2018),Bobsylas (15-05-2018),humforce (16-05-2018),Renwich (17-05-2018),Satsearching (15-05-2018),scimmy (16-05-2018),wullboy (15-05-2018)

Thanks

Thanks for the thanks, guys. Renny and I just hope you all understand our present stance on this.

We don't want to go wasting loads of time and effort into channel remapping exercises, with what seems like phase 1 of a major Sly overhaul. I mean, TWO spare channel slots in "Entertainment" before 301 "Movies" start? They are having a laugh!!

Let's wait for the dust to settle a bit, eh?

Cheers- AL

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PaphosAL For This Useful Post:

humforce (16-05-2018),Renwich (17-05-2018)

Developer UkCvs Senior Member LraiZer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 869 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Al
    I though he was referring to the E2 version.

Have you had a chance to adjust the bouquet ranges since the shuffle? My attempts at the E2 one result in segmentation faults.
    The AB 28.2E E2 version has a large rework and update for the May re-shuffle for testing if you want to patch it and give it a go Abu? It should also be much simpler to code for future bouquet and range changes with this patch. I don't have any hobby time these days, so it still may take a while to get this tested and added to github. Also lots of time needed to sort the custom files for the newer bouquet ref files extensions etc..

All custom files will need starting from scratch and maybe best to start without a supplement file also to see what the default generated bouquets are exactly before any file edits are made.

Also note we needed to change the autobouquets_e2.sh About section script to point to a new file ref >/tmp/userbouquet.ukcvs_about.tv

[EDIT]
    patch needs a little adjustment as BQ 17 range should be 900-939 not 900-930
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by LraiZer; 19-05-2018 at 02:25 PM. Reason: PS. info about patch

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LraiZer For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (19-05-2018),PaphosAL (02-06-2018)

Thanks

A more careful analysis of autobouquets.csv sky channel numbering suggests that there are more like 4 dozen unused slots in the 101-300 range, NOT two, as I inferred previously... So it looks like the skymap is in place for some time to come (ie: all previous Factual and Lifestyle stuff now moved into Entertainment, how naff...)

Yesterday, I took the bull by the horns and sorted this mess out. Lucky for me, I found an early May 18 backup of bouquets.xml on my PC, which helped me kill 95% of the issues in no time at all.

After, a couple of sessions in Bouquet Editor and saving, plus running autobouquets allowed me to fine-tune. Then, some careful NP++ editing of my custom_epg.txt file, (to sort the :0:0:000: entries with the :1:1:024: fields I wanted) and then autobouquets again- and gradually have got it back to where it was!

Without my backup bouquets.xml from early May (and autobouquets automatically generating a new custom_sort file), this exercise would have taken far longer, but DO-ABLE!

Bouquet Editor and autobouquets (which work in harness) are your saviours for C16 Sat!

Cheers- AL
    Last edited by PaphosAL; 06-06-2018 at 11:19 PM.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PaphosAL For This Useful Post:

Bobsylas (07-06-2018),LraiZer (07-06-2018),scimmy (07-06-2018)

Developer UkCvs Senior Member LraiZer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 869 Posts

There are loads of empty slots for future insignificant Entertainment and Documentaries channels as they will be placed in the E&D spillover bouquet which already exists in the 450-489 range.

The Enigma2 plugin can also re-create the old seperate Entertainment and Documentaries bouquets, if you select the Custom Sort 1 mode

See Here

18. The Following User Says Thank You to LraiZer For This Useful Post:

PaphosAL (07-06-2018)

Thread Information