Thread: Forum Issue

Admin Team-UkCvs Senior Member Satsearching's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Forum Issue

The forum has been attacked, this happened last month.

It appears NJ's account was hacked and something using his admin account via a French IP, made changes to the site templates.

The templates have been cleaned now, and as we cannot contact NJ, I have had to demote his account away from Admin status for protection, until we can contact him.

We also found a dodgy plugin that was also a hack, this has now been removed.

This has led us to think it is time to update the forum software to Vbulletin V5 as we don't know if anything else has been changed, so the forum may be off-line over the weekend while we take backups and get our heads around VB5.

Hopefully everything will be complete Sunday evening.

Any information provided on this site is not guaranteed in any way. Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, use at your own risk !! NO TO SKY AND F1 RIPOFF, ALL 2018 F1 RACES ARE FREE ON RTL HD, JUST TUNE TO 12.188H AT 19.2'E, USE 5 LIVE ONLINE FOR AUDIO!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Satsearching For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (14-04-2018),Bobsylas (13-04-2018),david (13-04-2018),lincsat (13-04-2018),PaphosAL (15-04-2018)

A helpful but often grumpy Old Git Team-UkCvs Senior Member PaphosAL's Avatar
    a park bench, shop doorway or bus shelter near you
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 994 Posts

a11 www and sql backup tarballs are all new in /tmp on our server from 0300-0400 this morning, SS.

And I have just uploaded them to gdrive as well.

AL
    "I read an article the other day that says I need to get out and walk more, stop drinking and quit smoking... So I've given up READING!"

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PaphosAL For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (16-04-2018),Renwich (15-04-2018)

Thanks

Should have mentioned that the www and sql tarball backups are done daily to /tmp on our server @ silly o'clock.

a11 is twice weekly to /tmp on Wed and Sun, half an hour later. All this is auto on cronjobs. I double backup these tarballs manually every Wed and Sun to gdrive cloud, for belts 'n braces purposes. Roughly 2GB in all..

Cheers- AL
    Last edited by PaphosAL; 18-04-2018 at 10:49 PM.
    "I read an article the other day that says I need to get out and walk more, stop drinking and quit smoking... So I've given up READING!"

Thanks

AL

I never got round to this forum upgrade work, other legit Charity work got in the way which took lots of planning which I had to attend, plus day job too.

Cleaning of the forum injections seem to work well, so no big risk now, but will hopefully look at the VB5 upgrade when I get chance soon.

SS

Any information provided on this site is not guaranteed in any way. Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, use at your own risk !! NO TO SKY AND F1 RIPOFF, ALL 2018 F1 RACES ARE FREE ON RTL HD, JUST TUNE TO 12.188H AT 19.2'E, USE 5 LIVE ONLINE FOR AUDIO!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Satsearching For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (21-04-2018),PaphosAL (19-04-2018)

Thanks

No rush, SS. Why not sit back and watch carefully, for now? To see if this frog low life tries to hack in again via your, my, or Renny's admin creds?

Personally, I suspect that NJ's original creds were weak and widely distributed, hence him being the naiive vulnerable target in this case...

Cheers- AL

Thanks

AL

That was the case, Renny's son put NJ's email into the below and it revealed his details were widely distributed as you suggest!

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Thread Information