Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new scan nothing-what has changed?

Member UkCvs Member
    Thanks

Default new scan nothing-what has changed?

I took my ex-TW dbox2 to a friend in ex-C&W area, changed net id, scanned..transponders but no channels.Back in ex-TW land one of sport channels blank so scanned-same result-nothing? Any ideas?
    C12/Nokia

Donated Member UkCvs Senior Member
    Thanks

maybe outdated cables.xml

Member UkCvs Member
    Thanks

Default no channels scan

Quote Originally Posted by deejay View Post
    maybe outdated cables.xml
    The box set up for ex-TW was perfect yesterday, just when I tried to update the channel list nothing came in? Thanks deejay, will look for a later cable.xml, I guess they'll need to match the area?

Developer UkCvs Senior Member
    Thanks

From what I remember, if you have a working transponder and do a network scan, it will pick up all the transponders in the NIT and search them all.

Member UkCvs Member
    Thanks

I found a net id list post from Dec '17, input with freq' & sym', fast scan & it found all the channels except the one I wanted to update & some others too, why? For the ex C&W box will I need a new cable.xml for that area?
    Last edited by mikk; 09-04-2018 at 02:20 PM.

Admin Team-UkCvs Senior Member Satsearching's Avatar
    Thanks

Probably need a newer .xml.

I am in EX-CW and had the same issue last month, some channels moved onto a new transponder that wasn't in my scan, you are best running dvbsnoop to find all current active frequencies in your area.

In my situation, the new transponder showed up after a new scan under TV-Headend, I simply looked at the frequency details in TV-Headend of the new transponder, and copied the details over to the scan xml file on my DM800se, a new scan on my 800 then found the channels I was missing.

I am guessing you do not use TV-Headend, so your best solution is to read up on dvbsnoop, run that binary on your box and use the log details to edit your cables.xml file with missing transponder frequencies.

SS
    Last edited by Satsearching; 09-04-2018 at 07:54 PM.
    Any information provided on this site is not guaranteed in any way. Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, use at your own risk !!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Satsearching For This Useful Post:

Bobsylas (09-04-2018),mikk (10-04-2018),PaphosAL (10-04-2018)

Member UkCvs Member
    Thanks

@satsearch, I had a quick look at dvbsnoop, (is it part of the dbox2 sw?) think it may take a while to grasp. "some channels moved onto a new transponder" When was this, I had a look for a recent cable.xml file but only old ones. Area is Bolton 41060

Thanks

Have you tried this one from the oe-alliance github? It should be up to date.

https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-al...src/cables.xml

Scroll down to your area and to the "Virgin Media (All Systems)" area and copy and paste to make your own xml.

Do you have a legit box so see the frequency of the missing channels?

SS
    Any information provided on this site is not guaranteed in any way. Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, use at your own risk !!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Satsearching For This Useful Post:

mikk (10-04-2018)

Thanks

Failing the above, have a read of this post.

http://www.ukcvs.net/forum/showthrea...nit_scan_cable

You could use Lraizers script and a copy of dvbsnoop, for a dbox you will need the ppc api3 version, which I have included in this post.

Just ftp the single dvbsnoop binary, and Lraizers script into /tmp, set permissions so both are executable, and run the script, after some time a new cables.txt file will be created in /tmp, use the details from that to create your own custom cables.xml.

SS
    Attached Files Attached Files

Member UkCvs Member
    Thanks

Ok will try the first option first. Should I copy the data from both 'my area' and 'all systems' into one .xml file (saved as cable.xml) created in notepad++ ?

Thread Information