Thread: Freesports

Admin Team-UkCvs Senior Member Satsearching's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Freesports

For those of you using terrestrial freeview, try a fresh channel scan and you should find a new channel on ch95 that aims to launch on 31st August.

The people behind this new "Freesports" channel are from setanta.

Details below.
    http://www.a516digital.com/2017/07/n...to-launch.html

Official website below but just a GoDaddy holding page at the moment.
    http://freesports.tv/

They plan to launch on Satellite and Cable also as the terrestrial coverage will only reach about 75% of the UK.

SS

Any information provided on this site is not guaranteed in any way. Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, use at your own risk !! NO TO SKY AND F1 RIPOFF, ALL 2018 F1 RACES ARE FREE ON RTL HD, JUST TUNE TO 12.188H AT 19.2'E, USE 5 LIVE ONLINE FOR AUDIO!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Satsearching For This Useful Post:

Bobsylas (10-08-2017),PaphosAL (11-08-2017)

Thanks

Also just spotted another new channel on freeview ch273 called "Sports Channel Network" currently just transmitting a data feed with a screen saying "Coming Soon".

No real details about it on google....

SS

Any information provided on this site is not guaranteed in any way. Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, use at your own risk !! NO TO SKY AND F1 RIPOFF, ALL 2018 F1 RACES ARE FREE ON RTL HD, JUST TUNE TO 12.188H AT 19.2'E, USE 5 LIVE ONLINE FOR AUDIO!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Satsearching For This Useful Post:

PaphosAL (11-08-2017),Renwich (11-08-2017)

A helpful but often grumpy Old Git Team-UkCvs Senior Member PaphosAL's Avatar
    a park bench, shop doorway or bus shelter near you
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 994 Posts

eir Sports 2 was renamed to "Freesports" this moring on 28.2E Sat, m8

Cheers- AL
    "I read an article the other day that says I need to get out and walk more, stop drinking and quit smoking... So I've given up READING!"

Thanks

Thanks AL

Don't know what is going on at the Emley Moor mux's at the moment, but literally every week my TV flags up a new channel scan required.

SS

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Satsearching For This Useful Post:

PaphosAL (01-09-2017)

Thanks

Just to add to the original post.

This channel has now gone live, the website appears to be fully working too as below.

https://www.freesports.tv/

Worth a look on terrestrial Ch95, Sky Ch424, Freesat Ch252, Talktalk Ch95 and BT Ch95.

SS

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Satsearching For This Useful Post:

PaphosAL (01-09-2017)

A helpful but often grumpy Old Git Team-UkCvs Senior Member PaphosAL's Avatar
    a park bench, shop doorway or bus shelter near you
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 994 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Satsearching View Post
    Thanks AL

Don't know what is going on at the Emley Moor mux's at the moment, but literally every week my TV flags up a new channel scan required.

SS
    Never bothered with DVB-T for yonks now, SS. I think 3G and 4G have screwed the reception signals, TBH... Every time I do try and watch it, it's blocky, jittery, freezing. I update, but same issues after a rescan...

I have a top class Terrestrial wideband aerial, perfectly aligned to Sandy, Beds. All in all, DVB-T is an absolute pile of shite!

Cheers- AL
    "I read an article the other day that says I need to get out and walk more, stop drinking and quit smoking... So I've given up READING!"

Thanks

AL

There is some truth in 3g and 4g creating problems, in my industry we are having big issues with Ofcom and 3g/4g providers transmitting at higher levels than licenced, that is interfering with our safety critical coms. It is hard to prove though with Ofcom.

However, DVB-T is pretty good here from Emley Moor, a decent signal but I did invest in a good quality antenna and self installed/aligned.

SS

Developer UkCvs Senior Member
    Thanks

Add a filter and manually scan the frequencies that your aerial is pointing towards.

Code:
    https://ukfree.tv/maps/alphabetical

Thread Information