Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sunray SR4 Triple Tuner

Developer UkCvs Senior Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dreamuser View Post
    I can share the file if anyone wants it? Took me a few hours to make lol - It will scan all UK frequencies
    Well done.

Can you upload the file please?

Admin Team-UkCvs Senior Member Satsearching's Avatar
    Thanks

@abu baniaz

Well, as "dreamuser" didn't respond with his solution, I today had another play.....

Wife gone out on a works do, so as it is quiet here, I dug out my SR4 again.

To make it scan cable, I am using a clean openPLI 4 image, I have NOT loaded anything else (no extra tuner or experimental drivers).

Image I used is openpli-4.0-beta-dm800se-gst-20151002-sim2-ssl84d and I had no need to mess about with ssl or anything, simple flash, can upload the image if required?

I have just made a custom satellites.xml for the SR4 and cable, listing the 3 cable areas which is enclosed.

FTP the enclosed into /etc/tuxbox

Power cycle the box.

SETUP -> SERVICE SEARCHING -> TUNER CONFIGURATION

Set CONFIGURATION MODE to Advanced
    set SATELLITE to your cable area (EX CW or PURE or TELEWEST, this should populate from the satellites.xml file)

LNB to LNB1
    PRIORITY to AUTO
    LOF to USER DEFINED

LOF/L, LOF/H and THRESHOLD to all zero's
    VOLTAGE MODE to POLARIZATION
    INCREASED VOLTAGE to NO
    TONE MODE to BAND
    DISEQU MODE to NONE
    TONE AMPLITUDE to 800mV

Then save with the green button.

Then go back into SERVICE SEARCHING and select AUTOMATIC SCAN.

For safety, I would suggest disconnecting your dish if it is motorized just in-case this satellites.xml file does try to move your dish, however I didn't and my dish did not move.

Scan should be pretty quick, needs testing with feedback please, but I again found over 500 services and testing FTV channels work, such as BBC1 etc...

Works well here. I am in EX-CW area so cannot confirm the other areas (pure/telewest) but included them in the satellites.xml for testing, so need feedback.

SS
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Satsearching; 05-11-2017 at 01:01 AM.

Any information provided on this site is not guaranteed in any way. Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, use at your own risk !! NO TO SKY AND F1 RIPOFF, ALL 2018 F1 RACES ARE FREE ON RTL HD, JUST TUNE TO 12.188H AT 19.2'E, USE 5 LIVE ONLINE FOR AUDIO!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Satsearching For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (06-11-2017),sala789 (08-11-2017)

Donated Member UkCvs Senior Member
    Thanks

i also had a look at one of these this weekend, found my old image. updated autobouquets and it found channels no problem, i used trial tuner as i had it working for sat and cable at the same time

Thread Information