Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sky Sports Ireland

Member UkCvs Member
    Thanks

Default Sky Sports Ireland

I am running Commando 15.1E and I have used Select My Location to be in the UK region where I live. However, next season I will want to watch Sky Sports Ireland since they will show Saturday 3pm Premier League matches. How can I watch this channel without re-doing my location to be Ireland?

A helpful but often grumpy Old Git Team-UkCvs Senior Member PaphosAL's Avatar
    a park bench, shop doorway or bus shelter near you
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,708 Times in 994 Posts

look at your /var/etc/autobouquets.csv file in the Sly channel slot numbers above 1000

There, you should find the IR equivalents of SS1 etc. Tip: don't add it to "Sport" bouquet, as neutrino doesn't allow duplicate channels in the same bouquet. Add it into "Regional" and it should work.

Cheers- AL
    "I read an article the other day that says I need to get out and walk more, stop drinking and quit smoking... So I've given up READING!"

Member UkCvs Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PaphosAL View Post
    look at your /var/etc/autobouquets.csv file in the Sly channel slot numbers above 1000

There, you should find the IR equivalents of SS1 etc. Tip: don't add it to "Sport" bouquet, as neutrino doesn't allow duplicate channels in the same bouquet. Add it into "Regional" and it should work.

Cheers- AL
    Appreciate your advice, but I'm struggling to do it. I've had a look in the csv file and I think I have found it. But now what? My father won't have any idea at all so once I get this figured out I will visit.... LOL

That said, I notice that RTE is in Regional for UK users. It would be much appreciated if Sky Sports Ireland could be added to Regional by the Autobouquets script.

Developer UkCvs Senior Member
    Thanks

Commando image allows you to manually move channels using bouquets editor. AB N1 will then honour the changes. Have you tried that?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

lfc84 (17-07-2016),PaphosAL (17-07-2016)

Member UkCvs Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Commando image allows you to manually move channels using bouquets editor. AB N1 will then honour the changes. Have you tried that?
    I went into Bouquet Editor but couldn't find the Irish version of Sky Sports, I would appreciate some guidance.

It's not in any of the bouquets within bouquet editor
    Last edited by lfc84; 17-07-2016 at 04:07 PM.

Developer UkCvs Senior Member
    Thanks

I've had a look in the csv file and I think I have found it.
    If you share your thoughts, maybe others can assist?

If it is the same channel, but different version, If you run AB with Ireland setting, you can pinpoint the exact one.

Member UkCvs Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    If you share your thoughts, maybe others can assist?

If it is the same channel, but different version, If you run AB with Ireland setting, you can pinpoint the exact one.
    Edited post...I have figured out how to use Bouquet Editor !

After alot of messing around, I have added all of the Sky Sports Irish variations into the Regional bouquet. You can tell which ones are Irish due to the Audio ROI flag.

I'd be delighted if this could be implemented via a script (perhaps even optionally run by the user). How about a Sky Sports Ireland bouquet?

Final question.....what file(s) do I need to FTP to my father's box in order to have his bouquets the same ? It's alot of button pressing on the remote !
    Last edited by lfc84; 17-07-2016 at 05:03 PM.

Donated Member UkCvs Member
    Thanks

If you go into Menu > Services > Service Scan. Under Bouquets mode select 'add Satellite Bouquet' and then 'start scan' and once it's complete, takes about 5min, you should have a new bouquet called Astra 28.2E with all variants of each channel. Just make sure you backup your current setup before scanning. All these new versions will now also show up in bouquet editor.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moore.jim For This Useful Post:

lfc84 (17-07-2016),PaphosAL (17-07-2016)

A helpful but often grumpy Old Git Team-UkCvs Senior Member PaphosAL's Avatar
    a park bench, shop doorway or bus shelter near you
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,708 Times in 994 Posts

I'd advise against that approach, tbh...

If you go into Bouquet Editor and nav down to the "Regional" bouquet, press OK, and then you see the current regional bucket on screen. Press GREEN to [Add]...

You're now presented with the full channellist gathered from services.xml - where channels that are aleady allocated to this particular bucket have a green button alongside them. Use the < > keys to page quickly through these lists, until you stumble across five iterations of "Sky The Open".

Only guessing, but the first four are probably England, Wales, NI and Scotland. The fifth one is the likely one for ROI (with the ADs in rip-off €uros!). Highlight it and press [OK]. It's now added to the bottom of the Regional bucket. If you want it at the top, simples!

Highlight it again an press Yellow to 'move'. Press the [down] arrow key once and, voilá! There it is at the top of your list, wooo! Press [OK] to accept, then [exit] to back out, and SAVE when asked!!!

When you next run AutoBouquets, it will create a new custom_sort_x.txt file for you as its first job (impossible, but true), and then continue to update your bouquets and epg user maps with the new info.

BTW, my personal belief is that you're onto a hiding for nothing here. Where did you get your info from in your opening post? I cannot see the PLA allowing Sky Ireland to show live 3pm Saturday PL matches, when hordes of Paddys come across on the Irish Sea ferries to watch these matches live at the ground? Are you sure it's not some sort of PPV (rip-off €uro) channel that you're talking about?

Cheers- AL
    "I read an article the other day that says I need to get out and walk more, stop drinking and quit smoking... So I've given up READING!"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PaphosAL For This Useful Post:

DAYDAY (26-01-2017)

Donated Member UkCvs Member
    Thanks

Didn't realise that the all the regional versions of the sly streams were available in the bouquet editor without doing the full satellite scan, good to know.
    Setanta Ireland used to show 3pm PL games on a Saturday but now they have been taken over by 'eir' which used to be Eircom. If you have their TV or home broadband package then they are giving you access to BT Sports and the two eir Sports channels free here in Ireland.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to moore.jim For This Useful Post:

PaphosAL (19-07-2016)

Thread Information