Thread: DM500c Stuck on Starting uo boot screen?

Junior Member UkCvs Newbie
    Thanks

Default DM500c Stuck on Starting uo boot screen?

HI I have loaded the image several times using dreamup which all goes ok but when I start the box it is always stuck on the boot screen and saying starting up? I have tried earlier versions of the image and they all do the same?

The channel info screen pops up a couple of times showing the epg for bbc1 but just goes away?

I don't have a remote for my box and have ordered a new one but want to make sure it is all working firstly.

any ideas please?

A helpful but often grumpy Old Git Team-UkCvs Senior Member PaphosAL's Avatar
    a park bench, shop doorway or bus shelter near you
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,708 Times in 994 Posts

You really need a remote control to get this cable box up and running, m8. The default SymRate is 6952 and the box behaviour suggests you're in 6887 ('pure'). You can try editing the /var/tuxbox/config/scan.conf file by changing 6952 to 6887 - save - then reboot. See if that does the trick. If not, what is your location?

But it's best to have the remote, so you can SML properly, then run AutoBouquets VM

Cheers- AL
    "I read an article the other day that says I need to get out and walk more, stop drinking and quit smoking... So I've given up READING!"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PaphosAL View Post
    You really need a remote control to get this cable box up and running, m8. The default SymRate is 6952 and the box behaviour suggests you're in 6887 ('pure'). You can try editing the /var/tuxbox/config/scan.conf file by changing 6952 to 6887 - save - then reboot. See if that does the trick. If not, what is your location?

But it's best to have the remote, so you can SML properly, then run AutoBouquets VM

Cheers- AL
    Hi mate I am in a old teleweat area uddingston which i think is 6952. I will try what u have suggested just Incase. I really need to get a remote but I have already ordered a miracle box but would still like to use my dreambox upstairs.

Thanks

I have tried what you suggested and it is still the same. Is there anyway to control commando from the dreambox remote app for iPhone like you can on enigma ? What should happen when the box loads up completely like after the starting screen should a menu appear?

Thanks

For Android smart phones and tablets, Commando has two types of virtual remote control, and simple instructions to access them are to be found in the 08-UK yWeb.txt helpfile (in the /var/etc/info folder). Sorry, we don't have anything for iPhone...

You don't need to spend a fortune on a genuine German DM500C remote, as the Chinese clone ones for DM500S work fine on a cable box and are as cheap as chips on FleaBay.

Meanwhile, we've done the SML part for you, just knock off the .txt extension and FTP it to the /var/tuxbox/config/ folder, to overwrite the default scan.conf file in there. Reboot, and the box 'should' spring into life!

The VM channel mapping from the 25 Nov 15 C15.1c release won't be too far out, but if you do want to update it (without R/C) you can always Telnet in from your PC and type the cablescan command into the console, to launch the AutoBouquets VM plugin.

Cheers- AL
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by PaphosAL; 11-01-2016 at 02:43 PM. Reason: updated Frequency (thanks, deejay)
    "I read an article the other day that says I need to get out and walk more, stop drinking and quit smoking... So I've given up READING!"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PaphosAL View Post
    For Android smart phones and tablets, Commando has two types of virtual remote control, and simple instructions to access them are to be found in the 08-UK yWeb.txt helpfile (in the /var/etc/info folder). Sorry, we don't have anything for iPhone...

You don't need to spend a fortune on a genuine German DM500C remote, as the Chinese clone ones for DM500S work fine on a cable box and are as cheap as chips on FleaBay.

Meanwhile, we've done the SML part for you, just knock off the .txt extension and FTP it to the /var/tuxbox/config/ folder, to overwrite the default scan.conf file in there. Reboot, and the box 'should' spring into life!

The VM channel mapping from the 25 Nov 15 C15.1c release won't be too far out, but if you do want to update it (without R/C) you can always Telnet in from your PC and type the cablescan command into the console, to launch the AutoBouquets VM plugin.

Cheers- AL
    Thank you very much for taking the time and doing this for me I shall give it a go tomorrow and update you. Meanwhile I have ordered a new remote so hopefully get this box to life 😀

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by caigey View Post
    Thank you very much for taking the time and doing this for me I shall give it a go tomorrow and update you. Meanwhile I have ordered a new remote so hopefully get this box to life 
    I am happy to report the box is now back to life and working flawlessly excellent work 😀

8. The Following User Says Thank You to caigey For This Useful Post:

PaphosAL (13-01-2016)

Thanks

Good! We always love a happy ending, LOL!

But there is one more trick you can try via your iPhone. Tap in this web address (using the correct DM500C LAN IP of course):

192.168.0.3/Y_Tools_Rcsim.yhtm

and see what you get? Works fine here with our daughter's iPad. Cheers- AL

Thread Information