Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Scart

Admin Team-UkCvs Senior Member Satsearching's Avatar
    Thanks

Default No Scart

My father is looking at a new Samsung telly (Samsung UE43J5500)

I just looked at the specs and it looks like the only connectivity is RF freeview, HDMI and USB, so no scart!

Any thoughts on the cheapest way to connect a DM500 to it?

SS
    Any information provided on this site is not guaranteed in any way. Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, use at your own risk !! NO TO SKY AND F1 RIPOFF, ALL 2019 F1 RACES ARE FREE ON RTL HD, JUST TUNE TO 12.188H AT 19.2'E, USE 5 LIVE ONLINE FOR AUDIO!

Thanks

This has got me thinking...

As I have a Samsung virmin vbox with subscription (smt 2110c). If I was to buy a new Samsung smart TV (for example Samsung UE43J5500), then I couldn't simply connect them together??

SS
    Any information provided on this site is not guaranteed in any way. Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, use at your own risk !! NO TO SKY AND F1 RIPOFF, ALL 2019 F1 RACES ARE FREE ON RTL HD, JUST TUNE TO 12.188H AT 19.2'E, USE 5 LIVE ONLINE FOR AUDIO!

Developer UkCvs Senior Member
    Thanks

A family member has a TV with no scart socket. Not sure of model number. It did come with an adapter though.

Code:
    http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/skp/faq/367427

Thanks

Yup, some Sammy TV's have an extra connector that will take a cable converter to get scart, but these TV's still have some form of analogue connectivity hardware built in for a wire converter.

The new Sammy model above has zero analogue connectivity, which looks like it will need a 30 quid type add-on box to fully demodulate an analogue signal and convert to true digital (HDMI etc).

A bit of a bugger for legacy support, and Commando that only runs on hardware with analogue out only!

SS

Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    A family member has a TV with no scart socket. Not sure of model number. It did come with an adapter though.

Code:
    http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/skp/faq/367427

A helpful but often grumpy Old Git Team-UkCvs Senior Member PaphosAL's Avatar
    a park bench, shop doorway or bus shelter near you
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,708 Times in 994 Posts

My DM500S testbox has it's scart socket unused, SS. It connects to the TV/Monitor via the simple three x 3.5mm jack plugs each end type of cable: Yellow = Video, Red = Audio L, White = Audio R (in my case).

I have a spare one I can send you foc, if this proposed telly has those inputs? If not, I reckon you're looking at a HDMI-Scart converter at around 17-18 on fleaBay, m8

Cheers- AL
    "I read an article the other day that says I need to get out and walk more, stop drinking and quit smoking... So I've given up READING!"

Thanks

AL

You are missing my point, modern TV's are totally dropping any form of analogue input. No phono, no scart etc.

Conversion from composite video or modulated analogue signals needs some processing/de-modulation to convert to digital, so simple wire converters will not work.

I may have to steer my father towards a Panasonic telly that does real analogue scart!

SS

Quote Originally Posted by PaphosAL View Post
    My DM500S testbox has it's scart socket unused, SS. It connects to the TV/Monitor via the simple three x 3.5mm jack plugs each end type of cable: Yellow = Video, Red = Audio L, White = Audio R (in my case).

I have a spare one I can send you foc, if this proposed telly has those inputs? If not, I reckon you're looking at a HDMI-Scart converter at around 17-18 on fleaBay, m8

Cheers- AL

Thanks

Okay, but no need to bite my head off, m8. Was only trying to help...

Hope you enjoyed the X-Factor final down in the Smoke (which wifey and I would have treated as a booby prize, LMAO!)

Cheers- AL
    "I read an article the other day that says I need to get out and walk more, stop drinking and quit smoking... So I've given up READING!"

Thanks

So another attempt to get you to buy a dm800se so Commando can be developed on it has failed again...

X-Factor is not my thing, but was a freebie with transport provided so took it, wife and youngest enjoyed it, I was totally sober as no way was I going to pay 5 quid a pint in Wembley Arena!

SS

Quote Originally Posted by PaphosAL View Post
    Okay, but no need to bite my head off, m8. Was only trying to help...

Hope you enjoyed the X-Factor final down in the Smoke (which wifey and I would have treated as a booby prize, LMAO!)

Cheers- AL
    Last edited by Satsearching; 14-12-2015 at 08:15 PM.

R.I.P Al, sorely missed Team-UkCvs Senior Member Renwich's Avatar
    Thanks

Pint of strongbow is only 1.75 a pint in a pub near us lol and we thought Skeggy was cheap... 5 robbing southern twats....!!! no wonder you stick to the park benches Al

Thanks

I used to get the 630CL bottles of chilled Carslberg (like you see in my boozy avatar) or Keo lager for a quid in Cyprus (1-20 UK), enjoying a smashing sea view, doing my Soduko, and admiring the scantily-clad crumpet (look, but don't touch, wifey always told me before I went away, and I obeyed her, LOL! For a woman always knows when you've betrayed her, guys, TRUE?)

Not been in a pub since last time meeting up with SS (and yonks before that, too). Truth is, southern pub ptices are a rip-off, unless it's Weatherspoons, or similar...

Fair play to you for staying dry, SS- No way would I be ripped off for 5 a pint ANYWHERE, m8...

Cheers- AL

Thread Information