Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Android TV box

Admin Team-UkCvs Senior Member Satsearching's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Android TV box

Anyone here using an Android tv box?

Seriously thinking about buying one, can anyone suggest which to go for or keep away from?

SS
    Any information provided on this site is not guaranteed in any way. Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, use at your own risk !!

Developer UkCvs Senior Member LraiZer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,558 Times in 892 Posts

just flashed my T8 with lastest firmware which is now running Kodi 14.1. im happy with my box, but not used any other to compare it with. wifi is good, speed it good, but the droidsticks wizard is the real reason i got this box. THIS is the package i got.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LraiZer For This Useful Post:

Satsearching (26-04-2015)

Admin Team-UkCvs Senior Member Satsearching's Avatar
    Thanks

Good reply.

The droid stick boxes are very expensive, you can pick up the same on amazon for half the price. I guess droidstick is charging a premium for the wizard service.

In your opinion, is the wizard service worth it?

Have also read that the amlogic is the best way
    Last edited by Satsearching; 26-04-2015 at 08:28 PM.
    Any information provided on this site is not guaranteed in any way. Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, use at your own risk !!

Thanks

they also sell wizard install for 40, so yes in theory i payed 40% for the box and 40% for the wizard and 20% for the airmouse keyboard. if you just want to get a cheaper standalone box without the wizard or better airmouse/keyboard, you could still get the other options later if you wanted to upgrade. the wizard does bring the kodi part of to life though and keeps everything up to date, and im glad i got it. also i deffo needed the airmouse/keyboard, as it would be a nightmare trying to use eg. the web browser without one.

Donated Member UkCvs Senior Member
    Thanks

I got a wetek play really good you can get cable or sat one, it runs openelec and android . they also porting enigma2 for it as well thought droidsticks sell other peoples work which is available for free. Tvaddons is really good also phoenix and genesis but I hardly ever use them myself

Thanks

yes, all the 100+ plugins that the droidsitcks wizard installs are fee to install and maintain youself if you have the time to do so. But alas, i do not have the required countless hours spare time each month to keep sorting through 1000's of plugins to find the working/broken/good/bad plugins and then spend more countless hours setting up all the shortcut links. I didnt buy the free plugins that get install by the wizard, i see it as investing in someone times and a piece of software they have written that provides an automated update service, so that someone else can spent countless hours each month doing something i do not wish to do. PLUS, you get lifetime vip pass for hqzone hd streaming

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LraiZer For This Useful Post:

Satsearching (27-04-2015)

Developer UkCvs Senior Member
    Thanks

I have got these for my whole family.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2619012957...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    put on fusion and your away.
    http://www.tvaddons.ag/update-kodi/
    quad core is a waste of money, once the stream starts it either works or it doesn't. My son uses an old pi and he can watch everything I can.
    Since getting our android box we never use out old tmtwin.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scruff1963 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (27-07-2015),Renwich (25-07-2015),Satsearching (27-07-2015)

R.I.P Al, sorely missed Team-UkCvs Senior Member Renwich's Avatar
    Thanks

I've got a number of Pi's (yea yea /me waits for pie jokes) Have got two of them setup with Kodi and total installer, its amazing wot content you can get

Welsh Department Team-UkCvs Senior Member nj2006's Avatar
    Thanks

amazon fire stick with kodi 15.1 here just playin and yes its reminding me of the old days
    BTW a big hello from he land of sheep
    DBOX HELPFILE HERE

Please do not email or PM me for Dbox support. I will be more than glad to answer your questions on the Dbox Section of our Forums

A helpful but often grumpy Old Git Team-UkCvs Senior Member PaphosAL's Avatar
    a park bench, shop doorway or bus shelter near you
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,708 Times in 994 Posts

Good to hear from you again, NJ!!!

Now, if my daughter and grandaughter are both on Apple phones and tablets, and already grab tv through these devices c/o Apple, then what is the best device to buy in order to connect their 50" HD telly to their (proposed) new BT 76meg fibre broadband router next month(ish) please?

In order that they can watch the same content on the big screen, as they can on their other gizmos, when they move back to UK from France soon?

Thanks- AL
    "I read an article the other day that says I need to get out and walk more, stop drinking and quit smoking... So I've given up READING!"

Thread Information