Thread: [Info] BBC HD

Admin UkCvs Senior Member Satsearching's Avatar
    Thanks

Default [Info] BBC HD

You may have seen by recent posts that I have been playing with my Coolstream HD1 box recently.

One thing that confused me was that while scanning, I could not find any BBC HD channels.

After some searching on the internet, it appears the BBC changed to DVB-S2 on the 6th of June.

This affects transponder 50 on 28'e, this transponder transmits....
    BBC One HD
    BBC HD UK
    ITV 1 Meridian South East HD

The change on that transponder (10,847Mhz) was to the below.

Satellite: Astra 2D tp.50
    Frequency: 10,847MHz (vertical polarity)
    Modulation: DVB-S2, QPSK
    Symbol Rate: 23.0
    FEC: 8/9

If you have a linux HD satellite box that cannot find them channels, then a simple fix is to edit your satellites.xml file. Open the file in a good text editor and look for a line like the below under 28'e.

<transponder frequency="10847000" symbol_rate="22000000" polarization="1" fec_inner="4" system="0" modulation="1"/>

Change it to the below.

<transponder frequency="10847000" symbol_rate="23000000" polarization="1" fec_inner="6" system="1" modulation="1"/>

Powercycle your box and rescan, the 3 channels above will now be found (well it worked on my Coolstream HD1 box).

It looks like quite a few sat boxes and TV's with integral satellite tuners cannot do DVB-S2, have a look at this BBC blog and the angry comments posted at the bottom! --> BBC - BBC Internet Blog: Changes to BBC HD channels on satellite on 6th June

SS
    Any information provided on this site is not guaranteed in any way. Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, use at your own risk !! NO TO SKY AND F1 RIPOFF, ALL 2019 F1 RACES ARE FREE ON RTL HD, JUST TUNE TO 12.188H AT 19.2'E, USE 5 LIVE ONLINE FOR AUDIO!

Moderator UkCvs Senior Member wiz569's Avatar
    Thanks

I thought all HD boxes had dvb-s2 tuners??
    All information given is for educational purposes only.It is an offence to use this information for the purpose of obtaining free PayTV and we do not condone the theft of PayTV services.

Admin UkCvs Senior Member Satsearching's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wiz569 View Post
    I thought all HD boxes had dvb-s2 tuners??
    So did I, but it appears early Panasonic and Harvard freesat boxes cannot pick up BBC HD now. Maybe they have a DVB-S2 tuner, but for some reason are not fully DVB-S2 compliant as users cannot get BBC HD now.

On the other hand, my DM7025 is a non HD box but has a DVB-S2 tuner! (can display HD via ethernet on a computer though).

SS
    Any information provided on this site is not guaranteed in any way. Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, use at your own risk !! NO TO SKY AND F1 RIPOFF, ALL 2019 F1 RACES ARE FREE ON RTL HD, JUST TUNE TO 12.188H AT 19.2'E, USE 5 LIVE ONLINE FOR AUDIO!

Thread Information