Thanks
    Thanked 1,558 Times in 892 Posts

Default NeuXmlEPG (RYTEC2DAY) v1.0

NeuXmlEPG (RYTEC2DAY) v1.0

Online EPG for Commando12 Dreambox 500 Satellite Image

install:
    ftp install.tar to /var/etc/ then reboot box to install

required:
    reboot box prior to processing epg to free box memory!
    box must have an active connection to the internet!

press BLUE BUTTON > BLUE BUTTON > RED BUTTON to add current channel to the processing list for online epg.

select Load Online EPG at StartUP>ON and reboot box to have online epg auto download and run 60 seconds after you turn your box on. this is the recomended option!

edit the following files to modify the /var/etc/e1_UK.dat channel list file during a new channel list download process:
    /var/etc/e1_UK_add.dat
    /var/etc/e1_UK_delete.dat
    Attached Files Attached Files

Member UkCvs Member
    Thanks

Can I just confirm this meant to Pull down all the channel listings for each channel automatically? I ask because it Pulled down the Sky channels ok, (even though they are not clearing) but there are lots not showing still.

Good work though, already an imProvement on the way you had to mess about on Enigma to get it working. (Mounting, tons of channel maPPing via the RC etc)

Developer UkCvs Senior Member LraiZer's Avatar
    Thanks

its recomended not to add more than 150 channels to processing list and not all channels are made available by rytec. if a selected channel is in latest rytec channel list then it can be added for automatic epg loading by pressing blue>blue>red

here is an up to date 28.2E bouquet data set that will download 150 ready mapped channels.

Member UkCvs Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LraiZer View Post
    its recomended not to add more than 150 channels to processing list and not all channels are made available by rytec. if a selected channel is in latest rytec channel list then it can be added for automatic epg loading by pressing blue>blue>red

here is an up to date 28.2E bouquet data set that will download 150 ready mapped channels.
    Thanks mate. I'll try those new files, and see if anything changes. Just a Plain uPdate, or should I remove the old stuff 1st?

Sky1, 2, 3, no kids, no sPorts, no Discovery are all Part of the main set of channels aren't they, as these were some of the ones not being Picked uP?

I'll have longer Play tomorrow or over the weekend anyway, and see whats going on.

The CCCam is more imPortant at this stage really. (A tiP on this would be a bonus, but I understand this isn't covered here. I've followed the info on DK, but still no working.)

Thanks

just locate all the files on your box and overwrite them with the newer ones via ftp and then reboot box. the working bouquet and data set above covers all 150 channels in the following categories including corrected channel data for the channels you mention as not working:

Entertainment
    Lifestyle & Culture
    Documentaries
    Movies
    Sports

you edit these files to correct wrong or missing channel data, and then perform a new channel list download.
    /var/etc/e1_UK_add.dat
    /var/etc/e1_UK_delete.dat

R.I.P Al, sorely missed Team-UkCvs Senior Member Renwich's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by InTheShires View Post
    Thanks mate. I'll try those new files, and see if anything changes. Just a Plain uPdate, or should I remove the old stuff 1st?

Sky1, 2, 3, no kids, no sPorts, no Discovery are all Part of the main set of channels aren't they, as these were some of the ones not being Picked uP?

I'll have longer Play tomorrow or over the weekend anyway, and see whats going on.

The CCCam is more imPortant at this stage really. (A tiP on this would be a bonus, but I understand this isn't covered here. I've followed the info on DK, but still no working.)

have a look in /bin for a file called minops look in there using vi or a txt edit for the correct name of the file your trying to start

chmod 755

A helpful but often grumpy Old Git Team-UkCvs Senior Member PaphosAL's Avatar
    a park bench, shop doorway or bus shelter near you
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,708 Times in 994 Posts

...and remember that Linux is case-sensitive so if you've named your cam as cccam - it won't be found, coz the system is looking for CCcam

Also note that the cam MUST be in the /var/bin/emu folder in C12, and nowhere else, or the Softcam Menu won't find it.

Cheers- AL
    "I read an article the other day that says I need to get out and walk more, stop drinking and quit smoking... So I've given up READING!"

Member UkCvs Member
    Thanks

Thanks chaPs, I'll have another look at this over weekend.

Thanks

hi guys i have 7 day epg running on the 500 with neuxmlepg ( rytec2day ) plugin just tested no mount external drive all in tmp folder. I'v checked from the time and date now 4:30 when i checked and i'm getting tv guide up to 4:30 on the 10th. I tested this way as i know when backing up images the backup's seem to be around the 8MB mark and it stores it with no effect to the box but when plugins and so are added the box says only around 3.8mb. So i thought i would give it a go and it worked box never locked up. The only thing is if you reboot you lose it and have to start it again.

I have added the files here and the neuxmlepg files i altered.

The epg.zip are the downloaded and converted ( readable by dm500s ) files.
    The neuxmlepg are the file i altered the only file i altered is the neuxmlepg in the .zip i just thaught i would backup all of them.

Dont know if it will work on anyones but worth a try works a treat on mine. 7 days epg and no crashing after completed. All the files downloaded will be deleted after being converted and the only files left will be a epg folder in the tmp dir. those files will be loaded when converting is complete.

NOTE the epg converted files WILL BE LOST if you reboot after the converting has been completed.

have fun i do

Thanks

v1.3 update to fix rytec random downloads

overwrite current /var/bin/neuxmlepg with this one and chmod 755

fixes the removal of two random download mirrors by rytec.
    reworked random mirror generation code and offline re-connection attempts

Thread Information