Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: C10d + SS-Enigma V4.1 = Enigtrino!!

A helpful but often grumpy Old Git Team-UkCvs Senior Member PaphosAL's Avatar
    a park bench, shop doorway or bus shelter near you
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,708 Times in 994 Posts

Lightbulb C10d + SS-Enigma V4.1 = Enigtrino!!

And now for something completely different. Yes! Exclusive to UkCvs - PaphosAL proudly presents Enigtrino - (Codename during development: BOGOF - Buy One Get One Free!)

Yes- it's Neutrino and Enigma both merged into one image! Default startup is Commando 10d Laid Bare - but if you fancy a change of GUI, just switch to SS-Enigma V4.1 via the blue button menu (and vice-versa). Naturally, a reboot is involved in this process.

By now, the sceptics will be thinking that this is impossible and that you cannot squeeze a quart into a pint pot. It's a con trick and smoke and mirrors are being used to create this '2 in 1' appearance. For example, it's only Enigma- with a cunning Neutrino / C10d-style Skin. Wrong...

Background

During parallel testing and feedback of Commando 9 and SS-Enigma V3 last year, I couldn't help noticing how many support files seemed to be common for both systems. Jokingingly, I mentioned to nitr8 and Renny that merging neutrino and enigma into a dual Image might one day be possible.

The major breakthrough came around Christmas time, when LraiZer solved a mystery that had been bugging SatSearching and me for months on end. How could PowerBoard make their enigma binary in PB-Enigma v2.0 a third of the usual CVS size? LraiZer found the compression techniques involved (Open Source), as well as the special lib files needed- and we applied them to Commando 10 with brilliant effect, going much further than PB had ever ventured.

Methodology

This image has been built like a Meccano Kit, as I don't know how to compile. So I've had a lot of behind the scenes help from Renwich and SatSearching, who have both supported this project since inception.

I started with the recently released Commando 10d and stripped it out until the pips squeaked. Here's my bedroom box with C10d Laid Bare:
    Code:

/var # df
    Filesystem           1k-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
    /dev/mtdblock/2           7936      4604      3332  58% /
    tmpfs                    15440        16     15424   0% /tmp
    /var #
    Note that this is with Tuxcom, softcam, rom7, and the FULL set of Channel Logos! Also note the useage of the tmpfs - that's due to evocamd and sectionsd having received the ultra-compression treatment. Awesome, eh?

I then added into the image all the unique bits and pieces for SS-Enigma V4.1, (compressed where possible), then the scripting and menus to bring you two individual images, all wrapped into one!

Enigtrino was all ready for release more than 3 weeks ago, but just as I was putting the finishing touches to it, ze Germans went and upgraded the system for both platforms to Kernel 2.4.73 (the previous one being 2.4.36.6). So I started from scratch again. But the delay has reaped benefits though- with a major breakthrough by SatSearching in Enigma - more on this further down...

For this FTA release version, to comply with Board Rules, I've removed the 'special' evocamd and the three files making up the the Rom7 pack from my test image. I don't think I'm transgressing any rules if I make these available on a third-Party host here:
    Code:
    http://www.mercs.us/crypt/enigtrino_upgrade.rar
    This should at least avoid the usual dozens of silly posts on this subject, but please note: This is for your Testing and Educational purposes only! And please do not delete (or overwrite) any SymLinks you see in the keys folder- these are there for a purpose!!

Common to both Images:

A nice new Telnet welcome screen, the ANSI coding for which I've unashamedly 'borrowed' from Commando 9 - so thanks to nitr8!

There, doesn't that look tasty? From this screenshot, you can see the default IP of this Image, plus how much Free Space is available in Enigtrino release version. Mind blowing, for a JFFS2 image, isn't it? But by the time you've added certain other (cough) files, this will drop to around 1.8mb - still plenty of space for added games and plugins!

The softcam and rom files are common paths for both images, as are games and plugins. So the setup for C10d will work the same in SS-4.1 !!

Individual to Commando 10d Laid Bare:

It has it's own unique Boot Logo, Boot Info, raw Channel Logos and blue button Shell Menu. For an overview of C10d Laid Bare, please refer to the attached PDF readme file.

Apart from all the stuff I've filleted out, all I've added to the release version is a) The fix for the softcam going doo-lally in Standard EPG Mode (so this will now give 3 to 4 Days EPG properly), and b) I've added g*box (if installed) support in the shell Menu.

I've also left in my Pure 5401 neutrino services and bouquets, which will give many of you a head start- especially if you're in 00005, LOL!

Individual to SS-Enigma V4.1:

Please first read SatSearching's SS-Enigma V4.0 readme attached in PDF form. This contains loads of screenshots to whet your appetite!

Again, SS-4.1 has it's own unique Boot Logo, Boot Info, shell Menu, png Channel Logos, the default Astro Skin, an alternative Skin called Wise you can try, plus my enigma services and bouquets (for same area as above, of course)

New in V4.1-
    • CVS Bug that crashed system in File Mode now fixed
    • uCode menu now in shellexec menu (short press of Blue)
    • Skin Preview shots in Skin Selector Menu
    • And Fame and Glory for SatSearching:
    LCD-EPG !! Which at the time of making this all up as I go along, has been checked-in to the CVS at Tuxbox!! This puts UkCvs well and truly on the map- WELL DONE, SS!!

This feature is embedded into Enigma and the default Skin code, so will work no matter which of our 'official' Skins (all with Channel Logo in Infobar support) you download from the online Add-Ins feature - which is a long press of the Blue button, remember! This is where you'll find the Softcam Menu, too.

A brief press of the Blue button brings up the shellexec System Menu, where you can switch uCodes, reboot to FTA, reboot to C10d, or view The Roll of Honour - where I've done the Credits unique to SS-Enigma V4.1 - please view them!
    __________________________________________________ _______

Note for Admin on other Boards:

We have no objection to sharing this Image with your Members if you wish, subject to the following conditions:
    • The Images are left as released here and un-adulerated.
    • These Release Notes (including screenshots and code boxes) are used intact.
    • The PDF readme documents attached are also used.
    • Any mention of ukcvs is NOT replaced with stupid asterisks.
    If you cannot comply with one or more of these simple (and reasonable) conditions, then please don't bother at all, OK?
    __________________________________________________ _________

Cheers- and ENJOY! AL

ps: No it DOESN'T do HDD, Streaming, CIFS, NFS, Samba, etc etc!! It's a stripped image for TV, Radio, Games, and Plugins ONLY!! If you need an image that does all those other things (and more)- please stick with Commando 10d, and walk away from this one...

__________________________________________________ __________

... and anyone who hasn't grabbed it in the past 2 weeks- tough titties! You should have been paying more attention. I've decided to pull it, in order to preserve two valued friendships, which are more important to me than transient fame and glory...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by PaphosAL; 13-03-2009 at 07:04 PM.

Donated Member UkCvs Senior Member phils_confused's Avatar
    Thanks

Rite then, I'll be the first to say.... Wow. Great work Al and everybody who helped. Took me a while to get enigma away, neutrino worked perfectly straight away. So far I've not managed to find any faults. The only small thing is in the av settings in enigma. When you want to change a setting, it tells you to press left or right. All this does is scroll up and down. The volume up and down makes the changes.
    So far I've only flashed onto my dodgy chirpy box. It is working perfect.

A helpful but often grumpy Old Git Team-UkCvs Senior Member PaphosAL's Avatar
    a park bench, shop doorway or bus shelter near you
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,708 Times in 994 Posts

There's a Remote Control choice you can try in Settings > Expert, m8. I've used Classic (Neutrino) to keep R/C behaviour matched as closely as possible to C10d.

But you could try Default (Enigma) and become phil_even_more_confused LMAO!

Be patient, there's a special config file under the /share folder that SS will tell you about in due course, where you can customize these sort of key settings to suit yourself.

Did you try the (ehem) upgrade file, by any chance?

Cheers- AL

Donated Member UkCvs Senior Member phils_confused's Avatar
    Thanks

Is that the cough cough files Al mate or the downloaded add ons?

Respected Member UkCvs Member plasterer's Avatar
    Thanks

Think theres some 6952 bow ks for Enigma
    Over at our place
    Hope this helps
    Havent put it on yet , But thanx .Its a Miracle.....LOL.........Paul

Respected Member UkCvs Senior Member rodboy's Avatar
    Thanks

This is great fun toggling between my favourite two best images.
    This should also encourage those dbox2 users who were afraid of trying enigma images............if you get stuck then just toggle back to comm 10d till you learn some more about enigma !!

Enigma LCD EPG is a big step forward ...........thanks to SS for the hard work here.

Toggling between the two platforms ( with reboot ) is seemless.

Some folks might think this is a bit gimicky...............but personally, I LOVE IT

Thanks for your continued efforts and thanks for sharing.........it is very much appreciated.

R.I.P Al, sorely missed Team-UkCvs Senior Member Renwich's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice work Al, I'll flash it on and feedback soon m8

Respected Member UkCvs Member plasterer's Avatar
    Thanks

Well it works
    Either am loosin me touch
    But took me 20 n mins to get it going
    I know they say this is the best all the time
    Boot the boot screen is A1 CLass
    Going back for a fiddle now
    Thanx lads its sound.........................Paul;